So, I have been trying to get through this series for a long time now; too long for me to admit. I don’t know why it has taken me this long, besides the fact that it is an insanely long series 13 books and counting, it should not take me 4 god damn years to get through all of it. Anyway, I think I have found the solution and I would like to share it with everyone because it is awesome and it has helped me out tremendously, audio books.
I do not know why there seems to be a social stigma about listening to a book rather than reading it but, I do not care. I love this series immensely and will do what it takes to get through it all. For me, it is hard to sit down and read a book for a long period of time. I lose focus and then I start, as I call it, zombie reading. I will get through half a chapter and then realize that all I was really doing was staring at the pages and moving my eyes, I had not absorb any of the information on the pages. This is usually when I am tired but, I have noticed other times as well.
So, I decided to look around and try to find the Audio books for the series. Luckily, I found a torrent for the entire series in audio book form, 20GB by the way. Now, I can listen to the entire series weather I am doing dishes at work, sitting on the couch at home, or walking to work. Not only is it convenient but I have already noticed that I am understanding what is happening in the book 10 times better than I ever did before.
I would highly suggest these audio books to anyone who loves this series as much as I do. The people reading are not too boring, sometimes they seem a little melodramatic but, for the most part they are pretty good to listen to. They read at a good pace and get through to chapters in a good amount to time. I think you will find yourself a lot farther in the book a lot faster. I know I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment